Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kids say the darndest things, pt 1

I think I'm gonna make this an installment piece, as I remember things I'll post them eventually. But kids say funny things like a million times a day so it's hard to remember particular instances.. here's just a few of the "gems" (be afraid)
Funny things my nieces/nephews say:

Me: Ok Sumayah sit on the toilet, Dadi is coming soon
Ami: Why can't you wash her? All of your sisters used to wash you, uptil you were seven years old! Tumhe sharam nehi aati?
Me: Eww Ami I am NOT washing anyone, plus what if I do it wrong?? Then you'll have a rashy Sumayah, and all because you made me wash her
Sumayah: Amna Phupho WASH ME!!

Two days later...
Sumayah: Mujhe pishi arehihain!
Rabea: Ok Amna take her
Me: Uh...
Rabea: Just do it, okay?
Sumayah: DO IT! WASH ME!

Kids these days.

---

Saliha: "You go, girl!"
Sumayah: "No, YOU go girl!"

---

Safia is sarcastically yelling at me for something or other..
Luqman: Mama NO don't be mean to Amna Khala! I DONT LIKE IT! *Starts crying*
Me: *laughing* It's okay Luqman, really..
Luqman: DON'T LAUGH AT ME!

---

Me: DAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGG.
Sumayah: DAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGG.
Me: *slap forehead and look around guiltily*
Bhabhi: Yeah that's right. I heard that.
Me: oops.

---

Luqman: I don't want gandhi pizza! (Cheese that is slightly brown is "gandhi" to him, i.e. dirty. That child is getting better alhumdulillah, but mannn was he OCD)

---

Me: Hadiya what are you doing?
Hadiya: No.
Me: Hadiya are you playing with the doll?
Hadiya: No.
Me: Do you like the doll?
Hadiya: No.
Me: Hadiya why are you saying no?
Hadiya: No.
Me: Ok...
Hadiya: No.

---

Zakariya: somethingsomething WUSHU! *grabs my finger*
Me: huh
Zakariya: WUSHU!
Me: what
Me: OHHH haha wushu finger hold! BOOM!

---

Hadiya is speaking "pushto" on the phone.
Me: what
Hadiya: 0395h23tuon gao9aghwe0ghwrgounadf
Me: huh
Hadiya: oiwh3t89awengwegh89wet0[93
Me: i dont get it
Hadiya: woejtngwaoeinwoeg9
Me: *silence* ok. thats nice.
Rabea: SHES TELLING YOU ABOUT HER PURSE
Me: How am I supposed to know that?
Rabea: I don't know.
Me: oooooook then.

---

Hadiya: aaakaakaahoo
("Pushto" for "what are you eating". This is Hadiya's signature catchphrase. We should make t-shirts.)

---


oh dem chillen.







1 comment:

Rabea said...

rofl...hadiya...hasan...aapkakarahoo

i need another post of this
lol